We met lots of people during our 2014 Appalachian Trail hike and we lost track of most of them. Realizing other people likely had the same problem, we created this business card for our PCT hike. Despite the record numbers of people starting a major hike on the PCT in 2014 and 2015, the PCT is fundamentally a less social trail than the AT. We only printed about 100 of these cards, and we have no intent of littering them around the trail or handing them over to people we’ve just met.
About the card:
- We used a border found on various images at Galactiguise.com, a Battlestar Galactica documentary website.
- We used Goqr.me to create the QR code.
- The word “Frakkin” appears in a medium weight rendition of font “Bank Gothic.” The specific name of the font file we’re using is “bankgthd.ttf,” but the file’s name is not an indicator of its revision.
- The word “HIKERS.COM” appears in font “Viper Squadron.” The specific name of the font file we’re using is “viper_squadron.ttf.”
- The text ‘”APOLLO” AND “STARBUCK”‘ and the lines under it appears in a font provided by Galactiguise, “Galactiguise-demo.ttf.” This is a demo version of the “Spaceage” font that is bundled with the software program “Signlab.” This demo version of the font is missing many characters, including the space character (e.g. a spacebar press yields an unknown character while using the font.)
- The BSG and PCT Logos were found via Google.
- We used GIMP 2.8 to clip, add alpha channels, blend, and make the stenciled/color-threshold versions of our faces.